Friday, April 22, 2016

Cinder by Marissa Meyer (book review)

One genre of books I enjoy reading is rehashed fairy tales I really love the series The Wide Awake Princess, just a very cute read I believe I still have one more book to read in the series, When I get around to it I will try to do a book review of the last book and the series in general. If you like series based off of fairy tales I do recommend that one its just fun.


Because of my love of this genre I decided to pick up the YA novel Cinder. This story occurs in the future after World War IV I believe and is in New Beijing. I liked the story, not love. A lot was predictable and somethings could have been explained better. Cinde(a.k.a Cinderella) is a cyborg who became one due to a terrible accident. After someone becomes a cyborg they are seen as second hand citizens. The only explanation for that is they received a second chance as life so have less rights then others, which seems odd to me but whatever. I wonder if they see them as less because Cinder is partially controlled by her machine parts, when she has some extreme emotional  response it forces her to come down, and she is unable to cry.

It wasn't a terrible book but while reading it I decided not to read the next one. And yet I am now reading the second book called Scarlet. Which is about Cinder and Scarlet, little red riding hood, i haven't read much into the book but  I'll try to do a review on it as well. I have read two other books both Start Wars which I may or may not get around to reviewing, will see if my motivation stays around long enough for that. My current state of mind hasn't been the right one for writing.

2 comments:

  1. I keep looking at the cover and thinking I should read it but it loses me on the subject - let me know if the second one is any better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL My blog is featured in the paperback of Scarlet. I really love this series myself. Predictable but in a comfort read kind of way since we all kind of know how the fairytales go.

    ReplyDelete