Friday, May 13, 2016

Scarlet by Marrisa Meyer: book review




I tried with this book I really did I know a lot of people like it, it has some great reviews on goodreads but I had a hard time with it,  basically had to force myself to finish the damn thing. So where to begin?  Well first off this book had the one part that I hate most in stories in general. Call it my biggest story Pete peeve as it were its making  characters stupid for no other reason but to have added shock values ate ron the story. I can't stand this in books or shoes or movies..don't get me started on the second Jurrasic Patk movie. So in Scarlet one of the msin characters, Cinder, has a big secret that she isn't hiding all that well. She basically tells one of the other characters her secret and he seems to not hear it and she moves on to another subject. Honestly this thing drives me crazy. When he finally founds out the truth even with all the facts in front of his face he can't seem to believe it bleh.

Another book a classic that I read out of curiosity Dracula, also used this pet peeve of mine in the story. The main characters get Van Helsing to help hunt down vampires. And somehow even though he is the world expert he nor anyone else could understand howanother  character kept walking up pale, weak and suddenly wearing a scarf around her neck. OMG some expert he was that character was annoying anyways back to Scarlet the description in the book wasn't as good as the first felt in the first I got a decent look at Cinder but books to felt like I was an outsider not fully seeing the picture,

My last problem was the new relationship developed in the book felt forced didn't care for it though admittingly I'm also not a huge fan of romance novels so that probably effects my views on it as well. Overall it was ok doubt I'll be reading more from this series.  In fact I may stay aeay from YA books for s while need books with more detail which YA books don't have. Need more Game of Thrones detail...Ok maybe not THAT much detail just more.

No comments:

Post a Comment