Monday, May 30, 2016

Tasty Science

It's been a bit of a long weekend since hubby can't do much yet, and well money is a little low after getting hit with $350 by the ER and $119 in medicine. Makes it a but difficult to pay for much. And playing out in our backyard has been hard to. Our neighbors has a dick for a dog who always barks at us and tries to jump the short fence which I had been hoping to replace this year. I just do not trust that dog. I have taken them out back a few times but the dog is ALWAYS there and it seems either neighbor never is or just doesn't give a damn. Why do people have dogs who never ever take care of them? Every house I have ever lived at ended up with a next door neighbor who had a dog that they  never really take care of. Just leave them back there and never stop them from barking ever. At least this one cleans up after them its more then I can say for the last two.

So anyways been  trying to keep the boys happy and busy. I bought a kit a while back for Connor called Tasty Science, it has science projects that you can eat.
We tried two of them today first a fizzy drink that made the boys laugh a lot. Thankfully I added the water over the sink because it bubbled everywhere. It was fun to make but not all that tasty. Next we made cookies where one half we used blue food dye and the other half none. Its  suppose to show how looks can make people biased towards it. I umm.... biased it because the dye was thick and hard to mix in (seriously is sucked) and I thought after cooking the blue ones I added vanilla to the others. Both were not bad but the vanilla ones were better next time we do this when I by decent food color dye to try thee real experiment we can.
Also the way they had us cut put the cookies made them tiny and I mean tiny; like quarter size, which OK it is for tasting so they should be small but it made a few cook rather hard cause of how small they are. Still Connor had fun and he really wants to try the rock candy, but I do not have a clean clear jar.  so that will just have to wait, but if and or when we do, do that one I'll take pictures because if it works that one has the potential to be pretty fun. Only problem is it takes more then a week to do that one and Connor has no patience and I mean no patience with these kind of things. He asked me about 5 times if the cookies were ready when they were cooking for 12 minutes. We will just see how that one goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment